In our 7 years, we’ve been able to donate over $300,000 in direct donations and leverage projects in the millions. Here are a just a few of the projects that we have been able to help complete for Boyle County kids:
- Over 500 students have had horticulture experience in our greenhouse
- Over 600 students participate in Black and Gold Academy, our summer STEM camp, every year.
- Over 10,000 hours of student experience (athletic, band, PE,etc) have been logged on the performance field turf
- Over 1,200 students attended our Black and Gold Academy over its three year history
- Over $75,000 in TEACH mini grants that bring arts into the classroom
- Over $20,000 in band instruments so all students can have music experience
Plus, countless students have participated in archery, experienced and/or performed in a live drama production, participated in Project Lead the Way learning activities, used the rubberized track, and played baseball long after sunset.
All donated funds go to supporting the foundations efforts toward sustaining and expanding programming. Our projects span opportunities in the arts, music, science/technology/engineering/math (STEM), Project Lead the Way (project-based learning), performance, extra-curricular, and athletic facilities, and programs many other districts can’t offer students, such as archery.
To maintain the BCEEF’s current level of support $50,000 must be raised every year.